Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too Tired for Coffee

This morning, after a 6 a.m. awakening with my slightly feverish 10-month old daughter, I was looking around my kitchen knowing I had to do something that is part of my morning routine, but what was it? Oh yeah, make coffee. You know you're tired when you're too tired to remember to make coffee!

Yesterday I came down with one of those terrible summer colds, and unfortunately my daughter had it too. I decided to have a rare "home" day, but like other Supermom's out there, it consisted of baking cookies, playing outside, making homemade barrettes, putting away five loads of laundry, working on my book, attending a faculty meeting, grading papers, doing dishes, making lunches, letting in the drywall guy, cleaning up my three-year-old's poop, etc., etc., etc. Let's face it, there's no such thing as a sick day for a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment